O03.1: Delayed or excessive hemorrhage following incomplete spontaneous abortion
Z3A.11: 11 weeks gestation of pregnancy
D62: Acute posthemorrhagic anemia
10D18ZZ: Extraction products of conception, via natural or artificial opening endoscopic
- O03.1: Abortion > incomplete > complicated (by) (following) > hemorrhage (delayed) (excessive)
- Z3A.11: Pregnancy > weeks of gestation > 11 weeks
- D62: Anemia > blood loss > acute
10D18ZZ: Curettage > see Extraction > Products of Conception > Retained > 10D1 > locate table 10D and go across the row to assign the remaining characters:
- Z3A.11: Codes from category Z3A are for use, only on the maternal record, to indicate the weeks of gestation of the pregnancy. Code first any complications of pregnancy. The weeks of gestation must be indicated, regardless of whether the pregnancy is carried to term or not. At the beginning of chapter 15, there are instructions on how to code weeks of gestation.
- 10D18ZZ: Extraction is defined as “Pulling or stripping off all or a portion of a body part.” Removing retained products of conception is a form of extraction in ICD-10-PCS.