062.2 : Other uterine inertia
Z3A.41: 41 weeks gestation of pregnancy
Z37.0: Single live birth
10D07Z5: Extraction of products of conception, high forceps, via natural or artificial opening
0W8NXZZ: Division of female perineum, external approach
- 062.2: Delivery > complicated by > inertia > uterine
- Z31.41: Pregnancy > weeks of gestation > 41 weeks
- Z37.0: Outcome of delivery > single > liveborn
- 10D07Z5: Delivery > Forceps > see Extraction, Products of Conception > High Forceps > 10D07Z5. Even though the index lists the code, you should still locate table 10D and go across the row to verify the code:
- 0W8NXZZ: Episiotomy > see Division, Perineum, Female > 0W8N > locate table 0W8 and go across the row to assign the remaining characters:
- Z31.41: Codes from category Z3A are for use, only on the maternal record, to indicate the weeks of gestation of the pregnancy. Code first any complications of pregnancy. The weeks of gestation must be indicated, regardless of whether the pregnancy is carried to term or not. At the beginning of chapter 15, there are instructions on how to code weeks of gestation.
- 10D07Z5: Extraction is defined as “Pulling or stripping off all or a portion of a body part.” Delivering a child vaginally is considered a form of extraction in ICD-10-PCS.
- 0W8NXZZ: Division is defined as “Cutting into a body part without draining fluids and/or gases from the body part in order to separate or transect a body part.” An episiotomy fits this definition.